Degrassi Community High School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Degrassi Community High School

Here you can roleplay as your favorite character, or you can make up your own.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Worst. Date. Ever. [[Part 1 of LAWKI]]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Forever Valissa Fabray <3

Awesomeness : 1

Worst. Date. Ever. [[Part 1 of LAWKI]] Empty
PostSubject: Worst. Date. Ever. [[Part 1 of LAWKI]]   Worst. Date. Ever. [[Part 1 of LAWKI]] I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 5:09 pm

She cannot wait to get out of his truck.

Seriously.

Worst. Date. Ever.

"Well," she says, pulling up to her massive and crazy expensive apartment building. "Later."

She lets out a huff and glares at him. She doesn't even say goodbye before pushing the door open, getting out and slamming it shut.

She'll be damned if he ever lets Nate and Courtney set him up on another 'blind' date again.

See, she met Blake at the wedding. And yeah, he's attractive, but she has no idea how anyone in the world could think Blake Thompson is tolerable in any sense of the word. He has zero manners and even less tact. His idea of a nice place for dinner was a sports bar with .25 cent wings. He nursed a beer and called her cosmopolitan a 'weak ass girly drink' and yelled at the television with the crowd more than he spoke with her. But did she mention he's gorgeous?

If it weren't for the fact that he's completely gorgeous and has a voice that could melt ice (she doesn't even know what that means, just that it sounds like an apt description), she would have left before their drinks even arrived.

Courtney is her best friend and has been for nearly 10 years. She knows Blake and Courtney's husband, Nate, have been best friends since they were children. She can't deny that the story would have been adorable, had things worked out this evening.

When Courtney called her and told her Nate had gotten his best friend (Best Man, total jerk), Nate, to agree to a blind date, Kieran decided she'd be okay with that. Someone with that much of a childish problem clearly needed to be taught a lesson. And yeah, the wedding was almost two years ago, so maybe part of her was hoping Blake would have changed somehow and matured. It's totally a shame for a man that gorgeous to be that idiotic.

But see, Blake hasn't grown-up since the wedding. She won't go into details, but the date? Worst idea ever. She's going to call Courtney in the morning and tell her the truth about the whole thing and her honest opinion of this…..boy

She doesn't have any clue how anyone could spend more than five minutes with him without wanting to stab themselves in the ear with the closest sharp object.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She and Courtney were science partners, met at 12 in a tiny middle school with two completely different backgrounds and two completely different dreams. Both of them were incredibly focused on winning the science fair, so being partners worked out well. When they needed to work, they worked. When they wanted to relax, they watched eighties movies and ate low fat popcorn. At the end of their eighth grade, Kieran's moms suggested moving, and they were devastated. They both decided that Kieran would stay with Courtney and her family. The rest, as they say in all the best clichés, is history. They've been best friends for years, and Kieran was maid of honour in Courtney's early wedding. It's only fitting, really, since she's the one who introduced Nate and Courtney in the first place.

She's really, really thrilled for them. They just had their first baby 10 months ago at Courtney’s very young age. She's gorgeous, this little girl. Sandy blonde hair and bright blue eyes. Her name is Callie Noelle Auburn [[made up last name]], and Kieran would like to roll her eyes at the homage to the man she's very close to despising, but the story really is rather cute.

Tonight, however, she's just relieved that she can safely leave that man for some other poor, unsuspecting woman.

Last edited by Whatsername on Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lexi Marie xD

Lexi Marie xD

Awesomeness : 3

PostSubject: Re: Worst. Date. Ever. [[Part 1 of LAWKI]]   Worst. Date. Ever. [[Part 1 of LAWKI]] I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:12 pm

I leaned my head back aginst the headrest of my car. I closed my eyes for a brief moment, until i heard the door slam shut. My head shot up and my eyes opened. I un-buckled my seatbelt and opened up my door. I quickly went after her. "HEY!" I stopped walking and she turned around. I leaned up aginst my truck and smirked. "you didnt even say goodbye." I started walking towards her slowly.

Okay, i'll admit, the date.. well it sucked. ASS. All she wanted to do was talk about random stuff, where she could CLEARLY see i was trying to watch the game! Seriously, she dragged me out of the bar, literally, after i had 2 beers. I was still pissed, i had agreed to the damn date, but she was a kill joy. Hell, maybe if she had MAYBE had a drink or 2 she would've lightened up or something, but like THAT happened.

"Come on, will you please talk to me? That date... you blew me away!" I smirked, but quickly hid it as she turned around to look at me. "Best date of my life... and i planned on asking you on another one?" I asked it as a question, mainly because I DIDNT WANT TO, but to hell with it, i was gonna have some fun with this chick. and also, to see if she would answer it.

We were standing on the front porch, in front of the door, and i leaned against the door so she couldn't open it. I was going to get my answer... wheher she liked it or not... or, if i liked it or not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst. Date. Ever. [[Part 1 of LAWKI]]   Worst. Date. Ever. [[Part 1 of LAWKI]] I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:50 pm

This guy couldn't really take a hint. The date was freaking horrible. She didn't want a second date after the first. Who does he think he is blocking my entrance to my abode? Like she said before...jerk. She put on a fake smile and tried to tell him as nicely as she could. "Listen, that date was probably the worst date of my life." She then pushed his shoulder closer to me away sending him stumbling back and away from my door. She took my keys and unlocked the door. Once she's in, she leans against the back of her door and let out a huge sigh. Hopefully, that sent him off.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Kieran is sitting on the sofa in her pajamas with a glass of Brisk in one hand and some non-fat soy frozen yogurt in the other. She's waiting for the phone to ring so she and Courtney can have their 'date'. Every Thursday night, they get on the phone and talk (sort of...) about Grey's Anatomy as they watch. It started in school, them watching together, and it just stuck as their 'thing'. The only time they didn't watch 'together' was when Courtney was on her honeymoon in California.

The phone rings, but she isn't at all prepared for what comes next.

She vaguely registers the words being spoken, Courtney's sister, between sobs, saying things like 'car accident' and 'dead on impact' and 'they're gone, Kieran.'

She's in shock. She knows what shock is and she is most definitely experiencing it. But even in her state of complete and utter disbelief, she manages one question.

"What about Callie?"

The baby is fine, and Kieran doesn't really know what to make of that.

She hangs up the phone, drinks her entire glass of brisk in one long gulp, and it falls to the ground and shatters when she really starts to comprehend what has happened.

Back to top Go down
Lexi Marie xD

Lexi Marie xD

PostSubject: Re: Worst. Date. Ever. [[Part 1 of LAWKI]]   Worst. Date. Ever. [[Part 1 of LAWKI]] I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 8:50 pm

I slightly laughed and rubbed my shoulder as i walked away and back into my truck. It was about an hour ride home, so i stopped at the drug store and bought random stuff... okay, mountain dew, i know its pop, and normally like a 14-year old drink, but i couldnt help it. i loved this stuff- NO. I CRAVED this stuff. I grabbed a bag of chips and paid. I went back out to my car and hopped in. It wasnt long before i had half the mountain dew gone, and i was singing loudly to the radio.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

about 4 miles down the road i got a phone call. I pulled over to the side of the road and answered it. It was Jake, Nate's brother. He couldnt breathe.. he was sobbing. "Car..accident!" i could only make out some words as the sound of him freaking out filled my head. "dead! BOTH OF THEM!" My head was spinning. I took the phone away from my ear and stared at it in shock. Dead? Nate!? Courtney!? No... it wasnt possible! I quickly hit END on my phone, and turned the car back onto the highway. I turned around (i know, illegal.. who cares?) and high-tailed it back to Kierans house.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Nothing looked different as i jumped out of the car and to the front door. I banged on it loudly, and hard, just so she would hear me. "KIERAN! IS BLAKE! OPEN THE DOOR!!" i yelled from the other side of the door, still pounding full force. I swear the door was going to burst off it's hinges if i didnt stop. "GOD DAMNIT ITS ABOUT NATE AND COURTNEY!" i screamed again. I hoped i wasnt waking anyone up.. she did live by some creepy old people.. and that would suck. Getting on an old guy with a gun's bad side... But that wasnt important. What was important was that fact that my best friend and his wife were DEAD. and i needed to get down to the damn hospital ASAP... GOD DAMNIT WHERE IS SHE!? I pounded on the door one last time. I would wait a minute, if she didnt come to the door, i was leaving without her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst. Date. Ever. [[Part 1 of LAWKI]]   Worst. Date. Ever. [[Part 1 of LAWKI]] I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 9:53 pm

She was stuck there like stone. Just staring at her cell phone that had rung no longer than a half hour ago. Her body couldn’t process the information fast enough. Not fast enough where, she can’t even process tears to flow throughout her eyes.

Loud ramming and muffling started from her front door. It startled her, causing her to jerk her head towards the door making a loud cracking noise from her neck. She couldn’t really hear the words that were trying to make their way through to her ears.

Ignoring the ache, she slowly walked towards the door expecting Courtney’s parents to stand there with a handkerchief in their faces. Once she open her fancy entrance, she saw the person she least expected to see. It was her now, least favorite person in the world… Blake Thompson. She took it that he got the news. He looked angry. He had every right to be. Not only did she turn down his second date offer, but his best friend since pretty much ever just died on impact. She stared at him with large teary doe-eyes and stood there. “I’m sorry,” she whispers softly not having enough courage to look him in the eye.

~~***I have an idea. After Blake sees her and she offers him to come in, they don’t see each other until the funeral. Kieran goes up into Callie’s room to hold her, and she sees that Blake beat her to it. They talk a little bit and then that’s it. Later, that night, Blake finds a bottle of Jack in his fridge and he drinks enough just to ONLY GET BUZZED. NOT DRUNK. He drives over to Kieran’s place and she lets him stay the night. Then the next morning, Courtney’s parents call Kieran and they want both her and Blake to over they’re place. And that’s when they get the news that they will be taking care of Callie.***~~

**OH! AND KIERAN IS SUPPOSED TO BE STUCK UP AND BITCHY. AND TOO SERIOUS. ACTING LIKE SHE HAS A STICK UP HER ASS. She is always professional, so anytime you want Blake to insult Kieran, you could talk about how stuck up she is.**
Back to top Go down
Lexi Marie xD

Lexi Marie xD

PostSubject: Re: Worst. Date. Ever. [[Part 1 of LAWKI]]   Worst. Date. Ever. [[Part 1 of LAWKI]] I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 3:07 pm

The door opened and he expression read shock, seeing me here. Her eyes were bloodshot, from what i could see, considering she couldnt meet my eyes. Almost instantly, my heart sank... i mean, i barely know her, but at the same time, she lost her best friend, the same as i had lost mine. I knew how she felt. "I'm sorry," she muttered under her breath, and i could tell she was still in shock. I wanted nothing more than to pull her into my arms and hold her, comfort her... but i cant.

"Come on.. they're waiting at the hospital. I told them we were coming. WE being the key word here." I lightly put my arm around her shoulders and led her out to the car. I wanted to get to the hospital, find out what happened, and leave. Go home, and take a shower... i just needed to get this day over with. I wasnt about to cry in front of her... i would never hear the end of it, but losing your best friend really hits a nerve with some people. But... wait.. what about... Oh, shit, now i needed to get to the hospital and find out what happened to the baby.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst. Date. Ever. [[Part 1 of LAWKI]]   Worst. Date. Ever. [[Part 1 of LAWKI]] I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 11:21 pm

The truth is...she didn't want to leave. She knew Courtney. Courtney was wild and reckless and she hated it when people were worried about her. She hated it when people scrambled out of their way to help her. She didn't like it when people thought she was helpless. If she were...well, still alive, she wouldn't want Kieran to be there when she was on her deathbed. Nate and Courtney were dead already. DOI.

So she stood there in front of him. She crossed her arms in front of her chest and shook her head furiously, but silently.
Back to top Go down
Lexi Marie xD

Lexi Marie xD

PostSubject: Re: Worst. Date. Ever. [[Part 1 of LAWKI]]   Worst. Date. Ever. [[Part 1 of LAWKI]] I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 6:31 am

I stopped walking to my truck and turned around to look at her. "Are you kidding me?" I scoffed and walked up to her.

"Look, mine and your best friend just died. I get it that you dont wanna be there and see them, well, dead, but really! Damnnit Kieran. What about the kid?! Arent you worried about her?" My voice got louder and louder, but i wasnt yelling - just making my point loud and clear. My eyes were huge as i stood there, watching her for a different reaction then just shaking her head 'no'.

I clenched my fists. "Fine. Stay here in your bitchy mood and dont give a shit about someone else for a change." I turned around and made my way to my truck.

God Damnit she was SO difficult.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst. Date. Ever. [[Part 1 of LAWKI]]   Worst. Date. Ever. [[Part 1 of LAWKI]] I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 7:34 pm

She didn't even start feeling bad as she watched him walk to his car. He was pissed and she knew that. She didn't feel or care one bit. She couldn't feel at all.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

I'M SKIPPING TO THE SERVICE:

Kieran really, really does not want to be here. Who would? But she won't skip out right after the service, because she owes it to Mrs. A., and to Callie (she's not here, at the cemetery, but she can't stop thinking about her), and to Courtney, in some twisted, screwed up way.

Everything's too quiet. She can remember being 14 and giggly and she and Courtney talking about their funerals as events that weren't going to happen for years and years and years, and Courtney saying that Free Bird would be the most epic and kick ass funeral song ever. Kieran may have called her an dork, but she hasn't forgotten it. There is no Free Bird. There's no music at all, just wind and crying and a minister saying stuff Kieran isn't listening to at all.

There has to be 100 people here. He doesn't know half of them, but he knows it just means a lot of people knew and liked Nate and Courtney or whatever.

But he's kind of pissed off, too, because they didn't know Courtney. Not like she did. She feels like she's lost a sister. She has, kind of. She and Courtney practically taught one another how to be women, in some screwed up way. These people don't understand that. No one would.

It all just comes down to not wanting to be burying her best friend at all. That's where the anger is coming from.

She hangs back a little bit when the service is over. She doesn't know why. There are just two coffins in the ground, waiting to be covered over. There aren't even headstones there yet. It's screwed up, she just doesn't want to leave right now.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

She really wishes people would stop apologizing to her. What the hell good is that going to do? It's not somehow going to bring her best friend back, and it doesn't make the whole thing hurt any less. If anything, the constant reminder just forces her to face all this a little faster than even the situation dictates.

She just wants to pretend a little bit. She doesn't want to have just watched her best friend's casket lowered into the ground. And she's looking around the room, and people are eating finger foods and drinking wine, and it just doesn't seem right. Yes, maybe this is some celebration of life, or whatever people will tell her if she throws the fit she wants to throw, but people have still died.

When she hears someone laughing, she starts crying again.

She heads for the stairs, slips off her heels once she's on the second floor of the house, and decides she's going to check on Callie. She loves that little girl and she's been thinking about her all day. She knows the Allen’s have been taking care of her since the accident - how she was uninjured in that crash, Kieran will never comprehend - and Kieran hasn't seen the baby. They're also keeping her in Courtney's childhood bedroom, but Kieran takes a deep breath and tells herself it'll be fine, that there's no reason she can't step through that door. There were too many memories in that room. So many it breaks Kieran’s heart everytime one comes to her mind. She clenches her chest and refuses any tears that may come. She looks back up at the door.

It's open a crack, so she pushes it gently open with the hand that isn't holding her shoes. She doesn't think there's a word to describe the amount of surprise she feels when she sees Blake Thompson standing by the window with Callie perched on his arm and his lips close to her temple. One of the floorboards creaks under her feet and she hopes he doesn’t notice. Callie is wearing pajamas - a pair Kieran knows Courtney loved - and has her hand over Blake's as it sits on her stomach. There's something sad and sweet about the whole picture.

~~***Make him NOTICE xD***~~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worst. Date. Ever. [[Part 1 of LAWKI]]   Worst. Date. Ever. [[Part 1 of LAWKI]] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Worst. Date. Ever. [[Part 1 of LAWKI]]
Page 1 of 1